Lower Gunnison State Of The River
We’re back! We’re excited to bring you an in-person revival of our State of the River series.
Join the Colorado River District and the Gunnison Basin Roundtable for the Lower Gunnison State of the River event on Monday, May 16 from 5:30-8 p.m. in Montrose at Upstairs at Precedence (see map below).
Presentations and discussions will cover the hydrology and water supply forecasts for the Colorado River basin, local water management strategies, Big River issues and reservoir operations affecting your community, and opportunities for funding local, multi-benefit and multi-use projects.
You’ll also have opportunities to connect with River District staff, interested stakeholders and representatives of several local organizations before and after the event.
The Lower Gunnison State of the River Meeting is free, open to the public, and a dinner by a local caterer will kick off the program – space is limited, please RSVP.
A draft agenda can be found below. Register HERE to save your spot. We look forward to seeing you!
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner & Networking
- 6:00 p.m. Welcome
- 6:05 p.m. Hydrology & Water Outlook 2022
- Speaker: Bob Hurford, Division 4 Engineer, Department of Water Resources
- 6:25 p.m. Lake Powell & The Future of West Slope Water
- Speaker: Raquel Flinker, Senior Water Resources Engineer & Project Manager, Colorado River District
- 6:45 p.m. The Land Water Connection
- Speaker: Nancy Fishering, Gunnison River Basin Roundtable, Uncompahgre Valley Water Users Board of Directors, and Colorado Forest & Water Alliance
- 7:00 p.m. Drought Planning & Management for Gunnison Ag
- Speaker: Harrison Top, Rocky Mountain Farmers Union & Colorado Agricultural Drought Advisors
- 7:15 p.m. Modernizing Water Delivery – The GMWUA Efficiency Project
- Speaker: Bob Morris, Grand Mesa Water Users Association
- 7:30 p.m. Community Funding Partnership: Big Issues, Local Solutions
- Speaker: Staff, Colorado River District
- 7:40 p.m. Additional Audience Q&A
- 8:00 p.m. Event End
Register for the Lower Gunnison State of the River.
Return to State of the Rivers main page.