State of the River events are hosted each year as an opportunity for our constituents (you) to learn more about West Slope water, the outlook for our rivers, and how the Colorado River District is working to protect our most precious resource.
The Colorado River District works with local partners to bring these events to each river basin across our 15-counties. Each program features experts presenting on current hydrology, how much water we can expect to see in local rivers, ditches, and reservoirs, and up-to-date information about regional, statewide, and local water issues impacting your community.
We all have a vested interest in water, so whether you’re an irrigator, angler, boater, skier, water, or energy provider, be sure to join a State of the River event near you!
State of the River events are free, open to the public, and include dinner. Registration is recommended to secure your spot as seating and food may be limited.
RSVP to attend your local event by visiting the sites below.
2022 State of the River Meetings
2022 State of the River Event Schedule
Visit the sites below to register for a State of the River event near you:
- March 16 – Ouray County PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: Ridgway Events Center, Ridgway
- March 23 – Moffat County (in Partnership with Ag Week) PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: Fairgrounds Pavilion, Craig
- March 24 – Routt County (in Partnership with Ag Week) PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: Steamboat Community Center, Steamboat Springs
- April 12 – Mesa County PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction
- April 13 – Rio Blanco County PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: Old Ace High, Rangely
- May 3 – Middle Colorado PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: Morgridge Commons, Glenwood Springs
- May 16 – Lower Gunnison (Delta, Montrose Counties) PRESENTER MATERIALS
- New Location* Where: Upstairs at Precedence, Montrose
- May 17 – Grand County PRESENTER MATERIALS
- Where: River Run RV Resort, Granby
- May 24 – Summit County
- Where: Silverthorne Town Pavilion, Silverthorne
- June 2 – Eagle River Valley
- Where: Colorado Mountain College in Edwards
- June 9 – Upper Gunnison (in partnership with the Gunnison River Festival)
- Where: I Bar Ranch, Gunnison
- June 23– Carbondale State of the Rivers
- Where: Third Street Center, Carbondale