Thank you for participating in this Water With Your Lunch. A recording of the webinar is available here. Please see below for resource links and PowerPoint slides.
During this installment of the Colorado River District’s popular Water With Your Lunch series, West Slope water users will learn about ways to successfully navigate the federal funding opportunities provided by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. A cross-discipline team of River District staff members will present information about specific funding categories for water projects, how to put together a successful federal grant application, and how to leverage other grant opportunities to maximize funding and project impacts.
Along with a look at the various federal funding pools for water projects, River District staff will present details on the recently established Community Funding Partnership “Accelerator Grant.” This special funding opportunity is designed to support the grant-writing, feasibility, design, preliminary environmental review, benefit analysis, and engineering needed to complete federal funding applications. The deadline for this grant cycle is August 1.
Colorado River District Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Opportunities
Nate Pearson, DNR – Federal Funding Stakeholder Resources
BIL Fast Facts
CFP – Accelerator Grants
USBR Water Conservation Field Services Program
- USBR WaterSMART
- WaterSMART Water and Energy Efficiency Grant Contact: Josh German, email@example.com
- WaterSMART Environmental Water Resources Projects Contact: Robin Graber, 303-445-2764, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small Surface Water and Groundwater Storage Projects Contact: Carrie Diroll at 303-445-2835 or email@example.com
USBR Aging infrastructure
- CDPHE Water Quality Grants & Loans Unit
- NW Region Project Manager: Sean Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org (Grand, Summit, Eagle, Routt, Moffat, Rio Blanco, Garfield, Mesa, & Delta)
- Central Region Project Manager: Jeff Zajdel, email@example.com
PANELISTS FOR HOW TO MAKE IT RAIN:
Amy Moyer – Director of Strategic Partnerships, Colorado River District
Raquel Flinker – Senior Water Resources Specialist, Colorado River District
Zane Kessler – Director of Government Relations, Colorado River District
Nate Pearson – Recovery Officer, CO Department of Natural Resources