Grand County State of the River
Thank you so much for your interest in this event! Our venue capacity has been met. If you are interested in attending a State of the River event, please register for next week’s Summit County SOR in Silverthorne!
Presentations and discussions will cover the hydrology and water supply forecasts for the Colorado River basin, local water management strategies, Big River issues and reservoir operations affecting your community, and opportunities for funding local, multi-benefit and multi-use projects.
You’ll also have opportunities to connect with River District staff, interested stakeholders and representatives of several local organizations before and after the event.
The Grand County State of the River Meeting is free, open to the public, and a dinner by a local caterer will kick off the program – space is limited, please RSVP.
A draft agenda can be found below. Register HERE to save your spot. We look forward to seeing you!
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner & Networking
- 5:55 p.m. Welcome
- Hydrology & Water Outlook 2022
- Speaker: Becky Bollinger, Assistant State Climatologist, CSU Climate Center
- Lake Powell & The Future of West Slope Water
- Speaker: Lindsay DeFrates, PR& Media Specialist, Colorado River District
- Grand Lake Clarity Panel Discussion
- Speakers: Andy Mueller, General Manager, Colorado River District (moderator); Katherine Morris, Water Quality Manager, Grand County; James VanShaar, Lead, Water Resources Group, Bureau of Reclamation; Esther Vincent, Director of Environmental Services, Northern Water; Ashley Bembenek, 208 Plan Administrator, Northwest Colorado Council of Governments (NWCCOG)
- Windy Gap Connectivity Channel Panel Discussion
- Speakers: Don Meyer, Sr. Water Resources Engineer, Colorado River District (moderator); Ed Moyer, County Manager, Grand County; Jeff Drager, Director of Engineering, Northern Water; Mely Whiting, Colorado Water Project Legal Counsel, Trout Unlimited
- Upper Colorado River Conservation Project Discussion
- Speakers: Christine Travis, Communications Director, Grand County (moderator); Dr. Perry Cabot, Research Scientist and Extension Water Resources Specialist, CSU Extension (Virtual); Paul Bruchez, Reeder Creek Ranch (Virtual); Doug Bruchez, Reeder Creek Ranch; Bill Thompson, Thompson Ranch
- Community Funding Partnership
- Speaker: Zane Kessler, Director of Government Relations, Colorado River District
- Audience Q&A
- 8:00 p.m. Event End (optional Happy Hour)
REGISTER FOR THE GRAND COUNTY STATE OF THE RIVER.
Return to State of the Rivers main page.
River Run RV Resort