This year’s Colorado State of the River will be presented as a webinar from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 27. If you cannot attend the webinar live, register to receive a recording of the webinar for later viewing. The webinar is free, but registration is required. Register online now here: https://bit.ly/COsor2021
Learn how last year’s intense wildfire season has impacted our water supplies and how to prepare for the impacts of post-fire floods. Tune in to get information about water availability amid impending summer drought and find out more about funding available for local water projects.
- Welcome – Colorado River District
- Colorado River District’s Community Funding Partnership – Colorado River District Director of Strategic Partnerships Amy Moyer
- Water Supply Updates and Drought in the Colorado River Basin – Division 5 Assistant Division Engineer James Heath
- Impacts of 2020 Wildfires and Fire Recovery in the Colorado River Basin – U.S. Forest Service Hydrologist Liz Schnackenberg, Joel Cochran, Grand County Director of Emergency Management, Northern Water Source Water Protection Specialist Kimberly Mihelich and Middle Colorado Watershed Council Executive Director Paula Stepp
- Learning By Doing: Updates and Fire Recovery – Learning by Doing Coordinator Kiki Sayre and Water Quality Technical Assistance Consultant for Grand County Kayli Foulk
The Colorado River District will hold additional State of the River meetings on the White and Gunnison river basins as webinars in June. For more information about upcoming events or to watch recordings of previous State of the River webinars, click here.