Colorado River District to host White River State of the River
Learn more about water issues in the White River Basin in next week’s free evening webinar.
Meeker, Colorado — Join the Colorado River District for the White River State of the River webinar on Tuesday, June 15 at 6 p.m. to learn more about current issues and projects in the White River Basin.
The White River State of the River will address the health of the river and its tributaries, with a slate of experts presenting on river forecasts and drought, project opportunities, management plans to provide water for endangered fish species, and current efforts to study the impact of algae blooms in the river.
- Welcome – Colorado River District Staff
- The Community Funding Partnership – Amy Moyer, Colorado River District, Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Water Supply and Drought in the White River Basin – Becky Bolinger, Colorado Assistant State Climatologist
- Measurement and Abandonment on the White River – Erin Light, Colorado Division of Water Resources, Division 6 Engineer
- Water Management Planning in the White River Basin – Callie Hendrickson, Executive Director, White River and Douglas Creek Conservation Districts
- Algae Issues on the White – Natalie Day, Biologist, Colorado Water Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey
- Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District Update – Alden Vanden Brink, Rio Blanco Water Conservancy District, District Manager
- Fish Tales: The White River Basin and the Endangered Fish Recovery Program – Jojo La, Colorado Water Conservation Board, Endangered Species Policy Specialist
If you cannot attend the webinar live, register to receive a recording of the webinar for later viewing. The webinar is free, but registration is required. Register online now here: http://bit.ly/WhiteSOR.
For more information about upcoming events or to watch recordings of previous State of the River webinars, visit: www.coloradoriverdistrict.org/state-river-meetings-2021.