Colorado River District and Community Agriculture Alliance to host Yampa Valley State of the River
Learn more about the Yampa River Basin in next week’s evening webinar.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado — Join the Colorado River District and the Community Agriculture Alliance for the Yampa Valley State of the River to learn more about current issues in the Yampa River Basin, from the Flattops to Dinosaur.
The State of the River will be presented as a webinar from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 19. If you cannot attend the webinar live, register to receive a recording of the webinar in your email inbox to watch later. The webinar is free, but registration is required. Register online now here: https://bit.ly/YampaSOR2021
Understand more about your river, your water, the potential for a call on the river this summer and what the proposed over-appropriation designation on the Yampa means for your water use. In presentations and discussions at the meeting, speakers will also give information about funding for Yampa River Basin water projects and updates on our water supply as we enter another summer of drought. Attendees will also hear about plans to manage the watershed and keep water flowing in the Yampa in hot, dry years.
- Welcome – Colorado River District and Community Agriculture Alliance
- Colorado River District’s Partnership Project Funding Program – Colorado River District Director of Strategic Partnerships Amy Moyer
- Water Supply Updates and Drought in the Yampa River Basin – Colorado Assistant State Climatologist Becky Bolinger
- Integrated Watershed Planning – Yampa Integrated Water Management Plan Chair Doug Monger
- Updates from the Division of Water Resources – Division 6 Engineer Erin Light
- What would the over-appropriation designation mean for water users? – Colorado River District Senior Water Resources Engineer Hunter Causey
- Keeping Water in the River in Dry Years – Colorado River District General Manager Andy Mueller and Colorado Water Trust Director of Programs Mickey O’Hara
The Colorado River District will hold additional State of the River meetings focused on the Colorado, White and Gunnison river basins as webinars in the coming months. For more information about these events, visit: www.coloradoriverdistrict.org/state-river-meetings-2021/